Introductory Blog Post

Hello Delegates!

My name is Jake Tibbetts and I am the head chair of CYBER for BMUN LXVI. Joining me on my dias are Trent Gomberg, Suchitra Narayanan, and Nikhil Pimpalkhare. I think I speak for all of us when I say that we are incredibly excited to see all of you in March!

CYBER uses the crisis format of debate. Personally, I love the crisis style because it is more fast paced and really gives a new challenge to experienced delegates. For more information check out the alternative procedures page on the BMUN Learn website.

Furthermore, because I have also had a lot of experience as a delegate in my High School career and I always wished that certain things were clarified for me beforehand. So I made a this handy CYBER clarifications page which I suggest you look through :)

The point of this blog is to provide you logistical and substantive information about CYBER. There will be a number of posts leading up to the conference on a wide variety of topics written by me and my vice chairs. They will be designed to help provide you information, guide your research and preparation, and point you at other related resources. I encourage discussion in the comments section.

If you have any questions, please reach out to me by emailing me at jtibbetts@bmun.org.

I can't wait to see you all in March!

Here's me at the top of a mountain in Utah!


Here's me at Closing Ceremonies of BMUN LXV with Jake Moscowitz

Comments

  1. Hi everyone,

    I am going to be representing the Department of Transportation Liason for the upcoming conference. Other than MUN, I enjoy binge watching Grey’s Anatomy, singing (in the shower) and hanging out with friends. I’ve been to several conferences and I look forward to meeting all of you at Berkeley!

    Looking through the topic guide, I’ve come across various different subtopics that could be thrown at us. This committee can and probably will get complex, however it’ll definitely be fun. Here’s to the future directives that will destroy some of our fellow comrades. Here’s to the future directives that will ruin companies. Here’s to the future directives that will discombobulate everybody. Here’s to expecting an amazing committee!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment